Plants range in price form $1 to $10 based on how far along they are.
Indeterminate: Indeterminate tomato varieties are the most common. They continue to set and ripen fruit throughout the growing season until frost kills the plants. They will give you a slow and steady supply of tomatoes, rather than one large harvest. However, they tend to start ripening a little later in the season than determinate varieties do because they first spend a good amount of time growing tall.
Black Krim: similar size and shape to Beefsteak, very tasty https://www.gardeningknowhow.
Cherokee purple - similar size to beefsteak, tasty purplish tomato https://www.smartgardener.com/
Chernobyl yellow -- 2-3" oblong yellow https://migardener.com/store/
seeds-by-category/vegetables/80 days to maturity chernobyl-tomato/
Brandywine-- similar size to beefsteak, very tasty https://en.m.wikipedia.org/
Big Rainbow -- 1lb plus, yellow and red https://www.smartgardener.
com/plants/1480-tomato-big-90 days rainbow/overview
Mortgage Lifter -- 1 lb plus https://www.gardeningknowhow.
com/edible/vegetables/tomato/85 days growing-mortgage-lifter- tomatoes.htm
Peron - 2-3" diameter red round https://www.smartgardener.
com/plants/4130-tomato-peron-w 70-75 days sprayless/overvie
Golden Jubilee - similar size to beefsteak, beautiful tasty golden tomato https://www.totallytomato.
Black cherry https://migardener.com/store/
seeds-by-category/all-seeds/70 days tomatoes/tomato-black-cherry- organic/
Determinate: Determinate tomatoes are varieties that grow to a fixed mature size and ripen all their fruit in a short period (usually about two weeks). Once this first flush of fruit has ripened, the plant will begin to diminish in vigor and will set little to no new fruit. Well suited for container gardening, or when making batches of tomato sauce or juice.
Banana Legs -- 3-4" oblong yellow (delightful in salads) https://adribarrcrocetti.com/
main/2011/08/27/banana-legs-75 days tomato/
- Roma: a plum tomato great for sauce or paste
- Yellow tomato, unknown variety
Unknown if determinate or Indeterminate:
- Yellow tomato, similar size to beefsteak
- Burgundy tomato about 4cm in diameter.
- Grape tomato, unknown variety
- Plum tomato, unknown variety (Roma is a variety of plum tomato)
- Cherry, unknown variety
- Mini yellow cherry
- 4 packs or 6 packs of mystery tomatoes (most should be unique kinds). For those who like surprises.
- Red or green Thai chili peppers (mild for chili peppers)
- Banana Peppers
- Mixed bell peppers
- Yellow bell peppers
- Orange bell peppers
- Red bell peppers
- Tangerine dream (sweet): their bright orange hue draws the eye making them an ideal fit for colorful ornamental landscaping. And unlike many ornamental peppers with high heat and no flavor, the Tangerine Dream packs nearly zero heat and a deliciously sweet taste that's perfect for summer salads and sweet sauces. https://www.
chilipeppermadness.com/chili- pepper-types/sweet-mild-chili- peppers/tangerine-dream-chili- pepper/
Melons: honeydew, cantaloupe, heirloom heart of gold cantaloupe, canary.
Brassicas: cabbage, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, kale
- Munchkin broccoli https://mckenzieseeds.com/
- Di Ciccio broccoli: Productive plants products 3 to 4" florets throughout the season. Broccoli Di Ciccio is a vigorous, light-green plant of 1890 Italian origin. It produces a 3 to 4" bluish-green central head with many medium-sized side shoots for a prolonged harvest. Though not uniform at maturity, this variety is the best tasting. This is a great choice for spring or fall planting. https://www.smartgardener.com/
- Waltham 29 Broccoli: https://www.gardeningknowhow.
com/edible/vegetables/ broccoli/waltham-29-broccoli- plants.htm
- Calypso cucumbers: A pickling or slicing hybrid with exceptional cropping abilities, whether grown for slicing or pickles. Calypso is still one of the heaviest producers we've tested. Resistant to most diseases. Maturity is approximately 50 days. https://www.smartgardener.com/
We also have:
- Heirloom white early bush scallop squash (a summer squash)
- Iceburg lettuce
- Russian tarragon
- Dig your own raspberry bushes
- A few herbs
- ground cherries
- Maple trees, roughly 10 years old
Note: the links have nothing to do with where the seeds came from, but provided good descriptions. Many of these came from seeds grown here in Vernon over the past few years.
Please email us at email@example.com, or phone us at 613-604-8454 to arrange an appointment. Also check out our food products, many made from produce grown on our property without harmful pesticides and herbicides. We specialize in unique and delicious foods for people on restricted diets, and those who are not. www.genuinegirard.ca